Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Summary of the Day's Events....

I've had a pretty sweet (if rather full on) day! My music class has been gearing up for our two concerts next week which means we have to do twice as many practices. So my days are getting pretty full up, what with that and practicing like mad to get these rock songs down. But I think we'll get there. We had a sick practice today, and pretty much almost nailed 'The Pretender' as well as making more progress on 'White Room' and that Tool song. Also I got to use my wah-wah pedal too, which was sweet! It sounds so good, I want to use it all the time!
Apart from practicing, we did a few exercises in interval recognition, and I scored probably the highest marks I've got so far in it this year! Glad to see it's finally sinking in....
I also finally finished off my next track, a demo of a song called 'Breathe' (I posted the lyrics to it awhile ago, so if you search this blog you'll probably find them somewhere). Anyway I haven't recorded any vocals to it yet, mostly because I don't really like the sound of my own voice that much. Hopefully I'll find someone to sing it for me in the near future! But in the meantime it still sounds pretty good instrument-wise! I wrote a sweet solo to go over the end part as well as a lovely little 4 bar interlude in which I played the guitar in a completely different way from how I usually do, and it sounded nice! Plus I used my new found knowledge of piano to shove in a few piano parts which is a bonus!
I'd post it up but I seem to have misplaced my keydrive, so maybe another day. Or maybe I'll stick some vocals on it first (if I can get over my fear of singing haha). We'll see....
Then I went and caught up with Beka at her work. We had a mean chat, and I even got to help her close up shop which was.... interesting. But fun! And since then I've just been hitting the practice pretty hard. Think I'm finally getting the hang of this....
But it'll take some time. Like most good things do!

Anyway I better exit the internet now - still got to do some exercising and hopefully have a play with a few new lyrics before I get some sleep....
Catch you round!

Jordan

No comments: