Sunday, October 10, 2010

Les Mis family!

when we started this musical, i really did not want to be in it. the constant hours practicing dumb songs, in a room full of people i didn't really know, except a few, going over and over and OVER the tenor, bass, alto and soprano lines....

who would have thought that by the end of it all i was jumping off barricades, playing ninja onstage before the curtain came up and getting the signatures of some of the most AMAZING people i've met in my lifetime!
it was so great to see how at the end we all gelled together. we were like one big family...all supporting each other. sure things got a little tense every now and then (lack of microphones, fire alarms, everyone yelling at each other) but thats what families do aye. need a little tension to stick us together. was so cool how we could laugh at it all on the last night.
and man did we put on one impressive show! got so much great feedback! we really rivalled all the big theatre companies who've peformed Les Miserables.
the leads were amazing! at first i was like "whoah!" because they were all such talented singers/performers, but when i got to know them i found out they were genuinely awesome people! they were all really funny, and nice, and supportive of the full company. great people in a great show. made so many awesome friends and was so proud of us all! totally glad i kept going through the hard stuff to join the unforgetable experience of being in such an amazing musical!
oh and thanks for helping me to sing (roughly!) in tune! never knew i could harmonize until that show. totally lifechanging.
not that any of you read my blog but if you do i want you to know that i love you all!




"Do you hear the people sing!"


Jordan

5 comments:

Hannah M. said...

JORDS!!! Your blog, being this blog? Or is there another?!
Huzzah! That is SO excited! What a great experience!!! I love the picture! Were you in it, 'cause if you were I think I spotted you!

Emerald said...

Hey guys, sorry I haven't checked back in so long. Been really busy.. Anyway, just wanted to say hello.
I'm mostly using a different account now.
Oh, I also am starting a band!
Partly inspired by you guys. ^^
But anyway, if you want, here's the link:

http://musik-theory.blogspot.com

Oh and here's my other account, before I forget..

http://www.blogger.com/profile/16880181729671883090


Eee, I talk to much, sorry!
That's sounds really cool what you guys did. I like the pic. :)
Hey, I don't think I've been able to hear your music yet! :O
Do you think I could have a link to somewhere where I can hear it?
Thanks! :D

- Em

Anonymous said...

Jordan.. in the blue waistcoat on the barricade upper right... best show in the world! You guys were simply awesome!
xoMe

mayday said...

no hannah i don't have any others that i know of unless someone made me a fanpage without me knowing... (haha just joking!) you probably did spot me that mass of hair was hard to conceal... :)
hey emerald great to hear back from you! good to hear about your band! got any tunes out yet? the only place you can listen is at our facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mayday/121566581209368 ..like it if you have an account! we have however recorded a bunch of stuff which we're gonna put up as soon as mixings done so stay tuned! :D

Jordan

Em said...

Alright I will. :D